In this workshop, we will explore more experientially the ideas from my book on Jung and the Ancestors in response to the question, “How can we come into a more conscious relationship with our ancestors?” Learning goals include the following:
- Discover how your physical, mental and emotional symptoms, dreams, vocation, fate and destiny are part of a continuing story with deep roots in your ancestry and your descendants.
- Identify and clear ancestral patterns which “haunt” your lineage.
- Experience the support, guidance, wisdom, and love of your ancestors.
- Create a personal ancestor altar.
- Develop a personal practice to honor and maintain a conscious relationship with your ancestors.
Sandra Easter, Ph.D., author of Jung and the Ancestors: Beyond Biography, Mending the Ancestral Web received her M.A. in Applied Psychology from the University of Santa Monica and her Ph.D. in Depth Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute. She is a Certified Mindfulness Meditation Teacher and Mentor and has additional training in Indigenous African Spiritual Technologies, DreamTending, the Process of Council and the Therapeutic Uses of Puppetry. She has been a practicing psychotherapist for over 35 years and maintains a practice in Denver, CO. The foundation of her work lies in the psychology of C.G. Jung, Indigenous Science, Buddhism, and the experience of the undivided relationship between the embodied world and the psyche.